Friday, January 16, 2009

Worst Taglines

I spent the last several days between my couch and my bed, watching the premiere of American Idol, daytime television and movies from my Netflix queue. I really should have gotten the flu shot this year. Thankfully, I am starting to feel much better today just in time for the weekend and tonight's premiere of the second half Battlestar Galactica Season 4. What most certainly did not make me feel better? Being subjected multiple times a day to previews for these two movies:







































Both of which are contenders for "Movie With The Worst Tagline of the Year."

Hotel for Dogs seems to be wavering between "Save the Stray, Save the Day" and "No Stray Gets Turned Away" in their promotional campaigns while Mall Cop-which also is a shoe in for "Most Unappealing Movie Trailer Ever"-has gone with the menacing, "Safety Never Takes A Holiday."

Cringe.

2 comments:

Kj said...

I'll confess that, like the 3 Doors Down National Guard Propaganda Music video "Citizen Soldier", I have seen the preview for the Mall Cop movie so many times that I've actually started to enjoy it. It's like what happens in extreme abuse trauma, you start identifying with it so its easier to survive.


I was actually disappointed tonight when I caught the music video 2/3 through at the Alderwood Regal.
"Citizen Soldier, Holding the line!!"

Ian said...

Noooo!!!