Monday, February 9, 2009

"Is that it? Am I done?"

Before a pre-production meeting at Taproot the other day, I went to Dreamstrand comic book store in Greenwood and picked up a copy of Angel Spotlight: Doyle. The comic chronicles the few days before Doyle's initial encounter with Angel in "City Of." The writing is actually pretty good and next time I'm there I will likely get the one-shot of Illyria. It made me realize how much I miss Doyle and really how much of a tragedy it was to lose not only his character but the actor who portrayed Allen Francis Doyle, Glenn Quinn. I would have really liked to see where he-they-went.


On using his Irish accent in Angel, Quinn said, "It was like putting on an old pair of shoes. It's bringing my soul back to life." He, like myself, also collected Star Wars memorabilia.

I've been toying with the idea of doing some work on the character in the future.

No comments: