Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wanted: Wall-E

I just found this creative little photoshop job over at the blog Film Experience:



Wall-E is getting stupendous reviews and the sound designer is the very same guy-Ben Burtt-who has been responsible for sound design on all things Star Wars. He has been quoted as saying if R2-D2 had his own movie, Wall-E would be the closest thing to it. Plus, I don't know how they got a robot to look so damn cute, but I want to see it and the film is playing at the amazing Cinerama just down the street.

Wanted was directed by the same person who directed the popular, flashy Russian thrillers of the past few years, Nightwatch and its follow-up, Vampire-guns-things-blowing-up film, Daywatch, Timur Bekmambetov. I liked both of those films well enough and Wanted doesn't look like a completely dumbed-down high-octane thriller, so I do want to check it out as well on the big screen.

Care to join?

No comments: