Saturday, June 7, 2008

Moments

As I write this, Ryan-who has graciously helped me to get this blog rolling thereby finally returning me to the blogosphere-and I are sitting in my hotel room watching Buffy fan videos, preceded by a full showing of all the Brenda Dickson videos. I will, of course, be writing full updates of my experiences here in Arkadelphia, AR, but honestly, I am having way too much fun here with these people at this conference. My time here has been incredible. Anyway, back to Buffy.

The first fan video we watched featured Buffy and Faith bantering, fighting, high-fiving all set to the song "Anything You Can Do (I Can Do Better)" Was that Bernadette Peters singing? A great little vid. "Anything You Can Do"

Next up was more of a slash piece presenting Buffy and Giles as two star-crossed lovers over several seasons of the show. The song choice and pairing is brilliant. The song? "Don't Stand So Close To Me" by The Police.

Young teacher, the subject
Of schoolgirl fantasy
She wants him so badly
Knows what she wants to be
Inside her theres longing
This girls an open page
Book marking - shes so close now
This girl is half his age

Buffy is represented as the innocent-acting, young school girl who states softly at the beginning of the video "Giles, I'm only sixteen years old..." to a wanting Giles. Check it out: "Don't Stand So Close To Me"

Now we are on to watching behind the scenes YouTube clips from pieces about the show-one particular visit to the Buffy sets of Season 5 with Wanda from E! back from 2002.

No comments: