Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Not After Midnight

Gremlins is one of my favorite movies and if I kept a list of favorite Christmas movies it would surely appear close to the top.

Before the Furby and Tickle Me Elmo, there was:


and the dreamy Zach Gilligan as Billy Peltzer.



Gerald: If it isn't Captain Clip-On. Guess who almost signed for unemployment today?
Billy Peltzer: I give up.
Gerald: You... But Mr. Corben had second thoughts. He gets so sentimental around the holidays.
Billy Peltzer: Imagine that.
Gerald: If it was up to me, I would have fired you in a second.
Billy Peltzer: Well, a merry Christmas to you too.

If only real businesses worked that way. I was laid off early this month just in time for Christmas, but thankfully, I was offered a new and exciting job this past weekend. I hardly had time to celebrate before heading off to France! Champagne when I return to the US of A!

No comments: