Sunday, January 4, 2009

One of the Quirkiest

PARADE magazine has just named Slayage Conference 3-at which I presented this summer-as one of its quirkiest news stories of the year.

It's cool that the conference made the news and that I got to be a part of it, but quirky?! I'm more inclined to call SC3 awesome and one-of-the-best-times-of-my-life!

Thanks to David Lavery for the link.

And thanks to Ryan and Nikki-to the right and left of the picture respectively-for helping make the conference so great in the first place!


Good times!

5 comments:

Ryan said...

How cool! The only thing quirky about the conference, in my opinion, was its (darling? quaint? Through-the-Looking-Glass-esque?) location...

Ian said...

Totally! I still show people the picture of "God's House" across from the Sonic.

Nikki Stafford said...

LOL! That's hilarious. I'd add charming, isolated, and DRY to Ryan's list of adjectives. Though I love "Through the Looking-Glass-esque." Brilliant.

I still talk about God's House, too! Especially the part about it being ABANDONED. :) (Maybe God returned after the vampire lovers had gone home.)

Cedar said...

Thanks for this! I love it! The only thing I hope for future reviews of this sort (after the 2010 conference perhaps?) is an acknowledgement that the conference is about more than Buffy. Imagine next time--we'll have not only Dr. Horrible but Dollhouse to add to the mix. See you then! :)

Beth said...

How did I miss this? Great!